On a day-to-day basis it feels like we are at a standstill, but in all honesty WE ARE GETTING THERE. I haven’t posted much because I’ve been in a bit of a lull. I am just so ready, and I feel like I’ve been living ‘on pause.’ As much as I try to remind myself to breathe and enjoy the process, its so hard y’all.
I HAVE been doing lots of studying and learning in preparation for my new yoga schedule that will be happening on the 19. My eyes are toward the future since the present is so ‘unpleasant.’ And as I write that I think about how spoiled I am. I am getting ready to move into our brand new home, a beautiful home that J and I co-created, a space that we’ll get to enjoy alone and share with others, and live the life we’ve always hoped for. It’s ridiculous to think about my day-to-day mindset. Perspective. Since I wrote last, a lot has happened!
- All of the metal siding is now on
- 3/4 of the stone wainscot is on
- All drywall is up, finished and primed
- All trim and doors are now painted – window trim is up, doors and floor boards up after painting is finished
- The gas is all hooked up and the furnace is ready; the Energy Cooperative will be here Thursday to hook us up!
- Both decks are completed
- Our tile guy has our walk-in shower almost ready for tile
- Our painter will be here today, finished on Friday
Here are the next steps:
- Finish stone on fireplace
- Hang rest of the trim
- Wood floors and tile
- Cabinets and countertops
- Lights and outlets
- MOVE IN!
Our goal is to be in by Thanksgiving which is three weeks from tomorrow. Fingers crossed!